Are you taking gabapentin or pregabalin? (Lyrica, Alzain, Neurontin)
The law is changing from 1 April 2019. Pregabalin and gabapentin are being reclassified as controlled drugs.
Your GP and local pharmacy will ensure you continue to get the medicines you need. Please remember to order your medicine in good time.
There will be some changes to the rules:
1. Only 30 days’ supply is allowed on one prescription.
2. You must collect medicines from the pharmacy within 28 days of the date on the prescription (which is not always the date the prescription was signed).
3. Any medicine ‘owed’ to you by the pharmacy must also be collected by that date.
4. All patients will need to request repeat prescriptions each month from their GP practice. It will no longer be possible to get your medicine from the pharmacy using repeat or ‘batch’ dispensing.
5. Your medications can be sent electronically to the pharmacy if you use the electronic prescription service
6. If you does not use the electronic prescription service for controlled drugs, you or your representative (or prescription collection service) will need to visit the GP practice in person to collect your prescription each month. To set up someone as your representative, please contact the practice.
7. You or your representative will need to sign and show proof of identity at the pharmacy to be able to collect your medicine.
8. If you run out or need an emergency supply, you will need to phone your practice or GP out-of-hours service.
Your GP practice will make these changes before the law changes on 1 April 2019.
If you have any existing prescriptions for gabapentin or pregabalin please collect the medicines before 1 April 2019.
On this website you will find the services we offer set out along with some helpful phone numbers. There is also advice on illnesses that you may feel you can manage yourself.
The practice takes pride in its long history (its roots go back to the 1930s) blended with the ability to deliver state-of-the-art health care. We believe this enables us to offer a really unique service. Always people-centred, we endeavour to create a genuinely caring environment both for our patients and for our staff whilst also encouraging patients to take responsibility for their own health.
More About Us >
Health Help Now
Patients with a smart phone or tablet with internet access can download a new ‘Health Help Now’ app.
Click here for more info
29-35 Holly Road, Twickenham TW1 4EA
We are open from 8.30am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
Enquiries: 020 8891 0073
Appointments: 020 8892 4519
Email: email@example.com for all patients communications.
For all other professional electronic communications, please contact the practice to obtain the right email address
Dr Neil Jackson
Dr Barbara Christie
Dr Branko Momic
Dr Yvonne Harrington
Dr Pardip Phull
All patients have been allocated an identified named GP. Patients may see the doctor of their choice.
When The Surgery Is Closed
In case of emergency at night and at weekends please telephone NHS 111 by dialling 111. If you phone the surgery number you will hear a recorded message advising you to call 111 which is free to call.
When you call 111, your health needs will be assessed based on a series of questions and your responses will determine the next questions that you are asked. At the end of this questioning you will be directed to the most appropriate service.
You will be directed to out of hours GP deputizing services in case if you need to speak to the doctor for an advice or to see a doctor for a face to face assessment at the home visit or nearest primary care centre. Depending to your needs, you might be directed to other services such as A/E Department, Walk-in Centre, community services including community nursing service, pharmacies, dentist and other services (more about NHS 111 here). All calls to NHS111 are recorded and monitored. We would welcome your feedback and views of the service.
Where appropriate, you may wish to proceed direct to your nearest A&E Department.
The surgery is purpose built and easily accessible by wheelchair and we comply with Disability Regulations.