LAST FLU CLINIC: Saturday 3rd November 8.00 am - 10.30 am walk in and by appointment
For the Over 65's, At Risk, Pregnant, Registered Carers and 2 & 3 year old children (DoB 1.9.2014 - 31.8.2016)
It is important to have this vaccination as early as possible as the flu season can start mid Autumn.
Alternatively, you may contact the Surgery and book an appointment in advance for a time that is more convenient for you.
For comprehensive information about Flu and the Flu Vaccination, please click on the following links to NHS Choices:
Stay Well This Winter
The Acorn Group Practice is supporting the national 2018/19 Stay Well This Winter campaign.
The Stay Well This Winter campaign is a joint initiative from NHS England and Public Health England, to help people with long-term health conditions, children under 5 and those over 65 prepare for winter and ward off common winter illnesses. Winter can be challenging for the health of these people, increasing the risk of blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes for those with a long-term health condition or who are over 65, whilst young children can readily pick up and spread illnesses amongst their wider circle - including family members of all ages.
There are a number of things you can do to prepare against the cold weather:
- At the first sign of a cough or a cold, get immediate advice from your pharmacist before it gets more serious.
- Speak to your pharmacist about medicines you should have in stock over winter.
- Pick up prescription medications before the Christmas holidays start as many GPs and pharmacies will close over the holidays.
- It is important to keep warm in winter, so heat your home to at least 18C (65F), if you can. You might prefer your living room to be slightly warmer.
- Make sure you get your flu jab (speak to your pharmacy or GP practice)
- If you need help over the holiday period when your GP practice or pharmacy is closed, call NHS 111 or visit www.nhs.uk
These tips can help you and your family prepare for winter, stay well and get well quickly.
For further health information visit https://www.nhs.uk/staywell/
For information, support with benefits and heating, visit Richmond Council’s website: http://www.richmond.gov.uk/winterhealth